Monday, November 5, 2007

Karen Evan's doesn't TRY she DOES


Karen Evans was the paint crew leader on the All-Womens house this year, and her experiences with Habitat for Humanity have changed her life. She truly believes that this house has created an opportunity for women to extend themselves, she loves watching her fellow team thrive in this challenge as well as seeing the confidence they are all gaining from being involved with the Torres house.

Karen has now been to 3 JCWP’s. “You give, and you get back ten-fold” she said of the blitz-build events. Like so many people, Karen has developed life-long friendships while working at the JCWP. “My first roommate in Georgia in 2003 has now been my roommate at every build I have done since then. She’s from Canada and I’m from San Diego, but we are very good friends now.” Karen is eager to get others to join the Habitat for Humanity family. She tries to get people interested. “I wear my HFH pins and I try to get people to ask me questions about it. Everybody says, ‘Oh I wish I could do this’[when thinking of volunteering], and I tell them that you can! You either do or you don’t. The people who turn out year in and year out they are the do’ers”

No comments: