Friday, October 19, 2007

What People are saying about Habitat For Humanity

Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles is fortunate to service a city full of interesting people from all walks of life and all backgrounds. We could not help the families of these communities without the support of our local volunteers. Many of our volunteers also happen to be famous, which helps us get our message out to an even wider audience. People love to tell us about how their work with Habitat has moved them, and we thought we'd share a few quotes from some folks you may recognize.


"The people that I've met that will inhabit these homes share a lot of the same issues that we all share. They're people who want a home for their family, who want to teach their family values, ethics, and morals, who want to raise good kids, who want to be part of a great country and so I'm very much the same as them in that way." -Maria Shriver, First Lady of California, Journalist and Philanthropist


"Working with Habitat for Humanity as the honorary chair of Operation Home Delivery provides me an avenue to channel this incredible sadness that has devoured my soul. This program is getting people back into homes, back on their feet and on with their lives." -Harry Connick Jr., Musician and Philanthropist, Honorary Co-Chair Operation Home Delivery (Hurricaine Katrina aftermath)




"I think I'll be dreaming about extremely high ladders and soffit for the rest of my life!! It's definitely been a learning experience. I've never worked on a house before so I have a new respect for the labor involved. Everywhere I look now, I see soffit. I want to come back and build again. I recommend it to everyone. It not only builds a home for a stranger, but it also builds a home for your soul." -Billy Joe Armstrong, Green Day, Musician and Philanthropist



Has Habitat for Humanity changed your life or the life of someone you know? We'd love to hear from you.


No comments: