Thursday, November 1, 2007

After a Bumpy Beginning He's a Habitat Believer!


We had the pleasure of meeting Journeyman/Electrian Walter Berten at the Vermont Village site on Halloween who was out working with IBEW. IBEW is a sponsor of the 2007 JCWP and they are giving us power (well with the help of the DWP.)

"It's my first JCWP and my first Habitat build and it's awesome!"

Walter admits that on his first visit to the job site about a few months ago, he had his concerns. There were some logistics issues but he's happy to say they were all worked out before this week's event.

"It's an honor and a privelidge to be here. I love the feeling of community and the giving spirit.And the families, what can I say, we are one big world family."

Walter lives in Panorama City, CA and he tells us he'll be back..."God willing, I'll be here!"

No comments: